made by Leeloumade by Leelou

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Professional Worm Drowners

We recently took our first family fishing trip. I just new this would be a great way to bond with the tadpoles and enjoy nature big disaster. The day started out perfect the weather was amazing we hit the road on time and the lake wasn't too crowded.

Before we loaded onto the boat I marched all the tadpoles into the restrooms where I threatened them that if they didn't go now I would toss them overboard as bait. Everyone went even yours truly.... all was well.

We head out onto the water puttering along looking for the "perfect spot". We settled in a little cove and cast our lines out and then things took a turn for the worse. One by one the tadpoles started to complain about being hot and hungry and thirsty. Being a super mom I came prepared with  snacks for everyone already prepared in individual baggies...( no fussing aloud ).

With bellies full Old Man and I thought we were surely going to get to relax and catch some fish. But OH NO those little tadpoles would have none of that." Little" BIG brother and Bubba started fighting over nonsense. Little Miss was tired and wanted to sit on my lap and then ALL THREE tadpoles had to pee.


So, Old man started to pack up everything and I hauled up the anchor somewhere in the mix Bubba and Little Miss got a hold of the worms and were slowly torturing them. Giving up we just let them play with the worms since we obviously wouldn't be catching any fish with them. As we were puttering back to the dock Little Miss announces screams she needs to potty. We finally make it back to the dock and I dashed to grab Little Miss but just hung my head in shame instead as a puddle formed around her ladybug rain boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment