made by Leeloumade by Leelou

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A dumpster diving we a go ....

Before


One man's trash is our weekend project;  I found a sad little desk alone on the corner by the dumpster and it was crying out for me to bring it home and give it some special TLC. After debating with my inner craft demon (I have pnumonia and should be on bedrest) I decided to get the old man and lug it to our dungeon. I immediately knew I wanted to refashion the desk into something awesome for big brother. With a quick family collaboration of ideas we decided on checkerdboard print.

We loaded up in the car and headed out to Home Depot where we purchased our supplies:

  • Sand Paper 120 grit
  • Rustoleum Spray Paint (Flat White, Flat Black,Matte Finish)
  • Painters Tape
  • Exacto Knife
  • Cheap Playing Cards
  • All of the drawers have cards lined on the bottom
  • ModPodge Matte
  • Sponge Brush

After
I wish I was able to take step by step pictures but Old Man has already packed up all of my stuff :(

No comments:

Post a Comment